BBC地道英語|It beats me 不知道,不理解

往期聽力

Hello and welcome to The English We Speak。 I’m Feifei…

大家好,歡迎收聽地道英語。我是菲菲……

…and hello, I’m Rob。

……大家好,我是羅布。

Hey Rob, do you know what’s going on in the office today? The boss has been shouting, Helen’s crying and Neil doesn’t look very happy either。

嘿,羅布,你知道今天辦公室發生什麼了嗎?老闆一直在吼,海倫在哭,尼爾看上去也不太高興。

Beats me。 Ouch。 What did you do that for?

打我。哎呦。你為什麼要這麼做?

You said ’beat me’。

你剛說“打我”啊。

No, no – I mean it beats me… ouch!

不不,我的意思是打我……哎呦!

You are strange Rob。

你真是奇怪呀羅布。

No Feifei。I said ’it beats me’ to mean I don’t know or I don’t understand something。

不是的菲菲。我說“打我”的意思是說我不知道或我不理解。

I knew that Rob – I just liked hitting you with this stick!

我知道啊羅布,我只是喜歡用這根棍子打你!

Ha! Very funny。 Shall we hear some examples?

哈!非常有趣!我們來聽一些例子好吧?

It beats me how Stephanie ever got that promotion。

我不知道史蒂芬妮是如何升職的。

Can you believe that Dave and Andrea are still married! He’s always bossing her around。

你能相信戴夫和安德莉亞還沒離婚嗎!他總是對她頤指氣使的。

It beats me why she stays with him。

我不理解她為何還要和他在一起。

It beats me how Jen can afford a new sports car when she only works part-time。

我不能理解珍是怎麼買得起一輛新跑車的,她只有在做兼職。

So that is “it beats me”a phrase used for saying that you do not know or understand something。 So there’s no beating involved!

所以這就是這個短語啦——用來表示你不知道或不理解某件事。所以和打人並沒有關係!

Definitely not。So now I can safely say, it beats me what’s going on in the officeI haven’t got a clue。

當然沒有。所以現在我可以很安全地說,我不知道辦公室裡發生了什麼——我一點兒也不清楚。

Well the situation seemed very tense and the boss was shouting something about mice。

氣氛似乎很緊張,老闆在大吼著關於老鼠的什麼事情。

Mice…ah yes, well in that case, it could be that I left my lunch on my desk overnight and it’s possible the mice have found it and eaten it?They do get everywhere。

老鼠……噢對,那情況可能是我把我的午餐留在桌子上過夜了,老鼠可能發現了還把它吃了?它們可真是無處不在啊。

Mice!In our office?I hate mice…

老鼠!在我們辦公室裡?我恨老鼠……

Ouch…why are you beating me again? I think it’s time to go。 Bye。

哎呦……你為什麼又打我?我覺得該走了。再見。

Bye。

再見。

合集收藏

語音教學合集

新聞英語合集

歌曲合集

美文合集

覺得不錯,一定點贊呢!!!